DEADLINES & DATE REMINDERS
Early bird Booth savings deadline – Before August 01, 2017
Be sure to book your booth in advance for savings
Before August 31, 2017
HYDRO Booking Savings Price $185.00 plus HST
Be sure to book your booth in advance for savings on Hydro and Internet
After Sept 01, 2017 Price $285.00 plus HST
Showtech Power & Lighting
6900 Airport Road
Manager (On-Site Office)
INTERNET and PHONE Services are exclusive to the International Centre
The International Centre (On-Site Office)
6900 Airport Road, Suite 120
Manager of Information Systems & Telecommunications (On-Site Office)
Before August 15, 2017
Program GUIDE Outlines
Complete the vendor details on your confirmation page to ensure all particulars such as website and vendor booking name are correct for the Program Guide.
EVENT SCHEDULE - MOVE IN / MOVE OUT
Friday, September 08
10 am to 7 pm
Staggered Move-In (Please contact us if for some reason you cannot move in during your scheduled group time)
10 am to 1 pm Booths 100 – 195
12 noon to 4 pm Booths 196 – 298
3 pm to 6 pm Booths 400 – 450 and All Others
Vendor door 45 – Wristbands are mandatory for entry
Loading Docks 52 to 56
**Friday, September 08, 8am to 4pm CPE CLASSIC DOG SHOW HALL 3 & 4 ONLY
Saturday, September 9, 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, September 10, 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday, September 10. 5:15 pm to 10 pm
MOVE-IN / Move-out TERMS
Due to liability and insurance concerns, please restrict your travel on the event floor to the area to and from your booth within the hall from the nearest unloading area.
Exhibitors are responsible for the loading and unloading of their booth materials, inventory etc.
Exhibitors are encouraged to bring dollies, carts or means to transport their booth items from the loading area if required.
No vehicles are permitted on the event floor during move in and move out
Upon your arrival, please come to the Registration Booth located at door 45 to register and receive your exhibitor package along with arranging final accounting.
- Your representative should accompany all goods in transit from the loading area to your booth.
- Show management and security retains the right to inspect any box or package that is removed from the exhibit halls with notice to the booth representative
- Out of courtesy, please begin set-up once all your goods have been removed from your vehicle and your vehicle is parked in the vendor lot.
Move out is scheduled no earlier than 5:15 pm September 10th , booth dismantling is not acceptable before 5:00 pm September 10th. Any vendor tearing down or packing their booths before this time could be subject to sanctions regarding future event considerations.
For safety/security reasons no children under the age of 13 years old are permitted on the venue floor during Move in and or Move Out.
INCLUDED IN YOUR CPE BOOTH SPACE:
- Your booth space draped
- Back wall 10 feet wide x 8 feet high
- Booths are 10 feet deep by 10 feet wide or 10 feet wide by 5 feet deep on the half booths
- Select booths have a small storage area behind the booth.
- Company name in the Exhibitor section of the show website
- Company name and website in the Show Guide (must be registered prior to August 15, 2017)
- 4 Weekend Crew Passes for all 10 x 10 Booth Bookings
- 2 Weekend Crew Passes for all 10 x 5 Booth Bookings
- 6 Day Crew Passes for each day for all Rescues and Club Booth Bookings (total of 12)
- Additional Weekend Crew Passes are available online or at the Registration Booth
- Complimentary ETickets are available to Vendors for shared marketing programs, proof of ad is requested. Up to 4 passes.
- FREE Parking for vendors and transportation vehicles
NOT INCLUDED – Contact info@CanadianPetExpo.ca for rates and booking procedures
- Hydro (After September 01 Contact ShowTech Directly)
- Telephone and internet service (International Centre)
- Carpet (Contact CanadianPetExpo)
- Furniture (Contact CanadianPetExpo)
- Shipping of material (Contact CanadianPetExpo)
- Booth Cleaning (Caldas Building Services)
- Tables and Chairs (Contact CanadianPetExpo)
- Table Drapery or Coverings (Contact CanadianPetExpo)
- The use of nails, screws, or any material that can mark floors, walls, or the ceiling of the exhibit hall is prohibited.
- The only tape exhibitors are allowed to use for securing carpet or material to the floor is double-sided cloth tape.
- No sale or exchange of any dogs, cats, birds or small animals throughout the weekend.
- In order to maintain a positive and professional image for the pet enthusiasts at the show,hand drawn signs of any nature are not encouraged. If you need signage, contact our printing specialists MD Designs MD_Designs@outlook.com or email@example.com
- Exhibitors are encouraged to work with a marketing group to assist you in creating a stand-out booth.
- Aisle space is sacred land secured for the attendees. Inventory, solicitation, booth extensions are not permitted in the aisle space
- Audio-visual devices must not interfere with surrounding exhibitors.
- A booth booking is considered for one vendor, no sub leasing, or sharing of booths is permitted.
- Pets participating in your booth space are required to be accompanied with a CPE Pet Waiver. All completed waivers must be submitted before entering the event floor with your pet at the Registration Booth
- No alcohol is permitted on the vendor floor at anytime
PARKING, SECURITY & SOLICITING
Parking is FREE for vendors and attendees. Vendors are encouraged to park in the back of Hall 2 immediately after unloading. On event days please park farthest from the vendor entrance door while respecting the handicapped parking signs and any fire doors.
DO NOT LEAVE ANY PETS IN THE VENHICLES UNATTENDED. This policy is mandated throughout the event stay at the International Centre – no exceptions.
Overnight vehicle parking spaces are available upon request for trailers, campers, containers etc. Please contact the CPE office to arrange the necessary approval.
The event floor is secured with 24 hour security. At the end of each day staff will escort all vendors out in a systematic exit plan to ensure all booths are vacated. Any vendor on site after this process will be directed to security.
All vendors are required to exit the hall no later than 30 minutes after scheduled close on September 9th and September 10th
Soliciting business is only acceptable within your booths square footage. Solicitation is not permitted to interfere with any other vendor throughout the show.
Shipments delivered to the hall can be received by the event staff anytime September 08 and September 09 from 10am to 3pm at the International Ctr. The product will be moved to your booth if pre-arranged. In lieu of any fees we ask you to make a small financial donation to either National Service Dogs or the Don Cherry Pet Rescue Foundation.
Shipments can be shipped directly to our warehouse before September 06th . Please contact the office to arrange this.
Post event shipments to go out after the closing of the tear down will require specific arrangements with the facility and the CPE office.
ELECTRICAL & SAFETY CODE
Hydro is an exclusive element provided by Showtech and installed by its certified technicians. Sharing of outlets, splitting off cords or utilizing an open outlet is prohibited. Any vendor caught in this action will be invoiced as a last minute hook up and invoiced $485.00 plus HST
Booking Hydro before the August 31 deadline is essential for final floor plans and code approvals.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY CODE REQUIREMENTS
- Exhibitors who displays or offers for sale any electrical equipment in the province of Ontario is subject to the requirements of the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario and compliance with these regulations is mandatory.
- No person shall advertise, display, or offer for sale or other disposal, or sell or dispose of any electrical equipment unless it has been approved in accordance with Rule 2-024 of the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario. The noted Rule 2-024 in the Code describes the process to have this equipment satisfy the requirements of Rule 2-022, which states that all equipment must bear proof of Certification acceptable to the Code, or the equipment must be approved by an acceptable agency which is accredited by this code.
- Any accredited certification agency or approval agency can approve this equipment for use, or for sale in this province. To be accredited, the agency must be recognized under the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario as such an agency and be accepted by the Standards Council of Canada. The two most common methods for dealing with unapproved equipment is to have it approved by one of the following agencies:
- Electrical Safety Authority
1 Terence Matthews Cres., Ste. 130
Ottawa, ON K2M 2G3
613-271-1489 or 1-800-559-5356
- Canadian Standards Association
178 Rexdale Blvd.
Toronto, ON M9W 1R3
416-747-4000 or 1-866-797-4272
- Inspectors from the Electrical Safety Authority will be visiting the show to ensure compliance with the code. They will identify any unapproved equipment in evidence, and offer information to exhibitors detailing the steps required to have the unapproved equipment accepted.
FIRE REGULATIONS / FLAME-PROOFING
The International Center, City of Mississauga, CPE and decorators will only permit booth decorations, table cloths, material that is flame-proofed. Fire inspectors visit the events during and after hours. Any vendor with flammable material will be removed immediately from the event at the vendors expense.
- Any display that involves an open flame or spark is prohibited in the International Centre
- Combustible elements of any booth such as hay, grass, straw is prohibited. If you’re not sure please contact the CPE office
- Displays must not encroach on EXIT doorways, nor may exit doors be concealed or obscured by drapes or partitions in any manner.
- No portion of displays shall project into any aisle.
Mandatory for all exhibitors
Insurance for all vendors is required before move-in begins. Exhibitors may be asked to provide a copy of their policy upon registering or throughout the event. Exhibitors are required to have liability insurance coverage of at least $2,000,000 for each separate occurrence during the period commencing on the first move-in date and terminating on the last move-out date. The policy shall protect us and insure you against all claims, demands, actions, or proceedings for money, damages, costs, penalties, and losses and all liability which may be imposed by law for loss of life, personal injury, or damage to or loss of property arising from or in any way connected with your presence or operations at the event.
Canadian Pet Expo Inc. 1046 Concession 6 West, Millgrove, ON, Canada L0R 1V0 must be added as additionally insured.
Please refer to the back of your contract or to our Conditions of Contract page for further details. Providing proof of insurance can be achieved by having your insurance company or broker forward their own documentation to Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. For those who don’t have existing coverage or are finding their present coverage more expensive, we have made arrangements with Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc.; forms are included in this package as well as on our website.
For additional information, please contact: Exhibitorinsurance.com Administered by Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. 434 North Rivermede Rd., Ste. 3 Concord, ON L4K 3M9 Tel: 905-695-2971, ext. 105 or 1-866-836-9066 Fax: 905-760-2260 firstname.lastname@example.org www.exhibitorinsurance.com Attn: John Argyropoulos